Location: Remote working from New Zealand, or in office in Wellington
Contract: Full time, with flexible hours and options for part time
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: People Development Manager
Recruitment Closing Date: 5 December 2021
Cogo is a free app and real-time API that helps people understand, reduce and offset their carbon footprints. Powered by Open-Banking technology, the Cogo App is integrated with 35 banks in the UK.
The Cogo API enables banks and other corporations to integrate carbon and other sustainability data into their customer experiences - for example providing a bank customer a monthly carbon footprint statement or showing an online supermarket shopper the percentage of their products that are made by locally-owned businesses.
We have partnered with some of the biggest banks in the UK and NZ, and are set to launch with bank partners in Australia later this year. Our mission is to empower 100s of millions of people to use their money to shape a future they truly value, and in doing so solve issues like climate change, plastic waste and social inequalities. Let’s go change the world - let’s Cogo!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Delivery Manager plays a pivotal role in Cogo’s product delivery, managing the development process for specific software projects by coordinating teams, resources, and activities.
They act as a technical peer to the Product Team, and they help our teams maintain an outcome focus by clearing any impediments that may slow down their progress.
- Understand, define and document project scope and resource requirements
- Collaborate with the Product Team to define and manage priorities against the available capacity of team members
- Contribute to the development and facilitation of meeting and ceremony practices
- Facilitate the timely delivery of software through the effective management of delivery teams, team members and work schedules
- Clear any impediments that may slow down your team's progress on commitments and, in collaboration with the team, set the timelines on when work items will be delivered
- Work with other members of the Product and Engineering team to identify risks, issues and dependencies
- Work with Engineering Leads to organise the delivery of quality software products that meet the business need at the appropriate reliability, security and sustainability standards
- Build the institutional understanding of what the best practice processes for the delivery of world-class products and services looks like
We're not expecting everything on this list, but here are some key competencies we are looking for:
- You can provide a clear, open and transparent framework in which teams can deliver. You can visualise and make visible the work of the team.
- You can accurately communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders as well as facilitate discussions within a multidisciplinary team. You can advocate for teams externally and know how to manage differing perspectives.
- You understand how to help teams maintain delivery momentum. You can actively address internal risks and issues and know when to escalate them. You know how to track, manage, escalate and communicate dependencies.
- You can help the team to find processes which work for them, and support them in establishing those processes. You can guide teams to focus on the outcome rather than the process where this makes sense.
- You know about the importance of planning and forecasting and different ways to develop a plan.
- You know about the importance of team dynamics, collaboration and empowering delivery teams. You understand the importance of feedback.
- Excited to work in a company making a positive change in the world, and passionately engaged in the Cogo mission
- Loves learning and seeks to suggest and carry out improvements to the technologies and processes used as we grow
- Based in New Zealand and able to visit our Wellington office roughly once per quarter (Although you can join us in the office all the time if you like!)
- Able to work some hours outside of 9am-5pm, for meetings with our UK team
Cogo is committed to providing a flexible working environment, including arrangements to fit around childcare and family life such as flexible working hours and remote working.
Cogo is an active member of the Tech Talent Charter, and is committed to helping deliver diversity in the technology sector.
The salary range for this role is $96,730 - $130,870. Cogo operates full pay transparency across the company and is committed to equal pay opportunities.
We are proud to encourage a friendly, open and transparent culture at Cogo and we make sure our amazing team is supported at all times. Here are some of our ever growing employee benefits:
- 5 weeks' leave plus public holidays,
- Unlimited sick leave for your physical and mental health, and that of your family
- An extra day off on your birthday
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity or cause
- Extra holiday when you avoid flying
- 1 additional day’s leave per year of employment
- Annual learning budget to spend on personal development
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS
PLEASE NOTE: To apply you must be currently entitled to work in New Zealand. Those who are eligible to work in NZ are NZ or Australian citizens, or have either a NZ residence visa or a NZ work visa.
Please apply through BambooHR by EOD Sunday 5th December 2021 with a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join the team at Cogo.
- We’ll aim to reply to your application within 7 days from the closing date of this role.
- We may then schedule a short call to clarify anything in your application, and make sure that our expectations are in line on both sides.
- We’ll then schedule a 1 hour situational and behavioural based interview with you.
- If that all goes well, we’ll schedule some time to get into more of the technical aspects of the role.
We can't wait to receive your application and hear why you're excited to come change the world with us!